Thursday, June 21, 2012

Chocolate Coke Microwave Cake

Beware, scary "flash on auto" photographs are in this blog, EEP!

So, sitting in class the other day, someone mentioned that they saw a post from a friend of a friend on Facebook about a cake made with only one cake mix, and one can of coke. Now I'm always a little interested by the whole microwave cooking thing. Last year I roasted a chicken in the microwave just to "see if it works" and hot dang it did! So of course I HAD to test out this cake idea!


I bought 1 can of coke which is 375ml here in Aus, and one chocolate cake mix, a Greens one. Nothing special about it, just an ordinary cake mix.

Added the cake mix and the coke to a bowl and gently gave it a stir to make sure it was well combined. Poured the entire mix into a round silicone cake pan (omg silicone bake ware is AMAZING) and put it in the microwave for 8 minutes on high.



HOLY BANANAPHONE BATMAN! WE HAVE CAKE!



I know in the images it looks dark. It was about 9 at night, in a poorly lit kitchen and Im sure the coke made it darker too but it wasn't burnt at all. In fact, it would have to be one of the most moist cakes I have ever eaten!
I didn't bother to ice it, oh no, I sliced and served it hot with a hunk of ice cream. The kiddos took the rest to school today in their lunches and they enjoyed it as well. So there we have it. Awesome cake from nothing more then a cake mix and a can of coke! I have to say this will be amazing when summer rolls around again and I'm after a cake fix but don't want to have the added heat from the oven. Ahh who am I kidding, this is perfect for all the time! YAY CAKE!



No comments:

Post a Comment