For these booties you will need
DK weight yarn (8ply in Aus) in 2 colours. I use Moda Vera Marvel Plain.
1. ch12. hdc twice in the 2nd chain from hook and in the next 9 chains. 3hdc in the last chain.
Working on the opposite side, hdc in the next 9 stitches, 1hdc in the same place as the starting hdc, Join.
2. ch2, hdc in every stitch around, join. (23)
3. ch2, hdc in the next 5, hdc2tg 7 times, hdc in the last 4, join.
4. ch2, hdc in the next 4, hdc2tg 4 times, hdc in the last 4, Join.
5. ch3, dc in each stitch around, join. End off the main colour, in my case white.
6. Join your contrasting colour (pink) with a sl st and chain 3. *sc in the next st, ch3* Repeat this around to create a frilly edge. Join to the starting chain and end off. Weave in ends.
See now wasn't that super fast! If you would like to add a tie, chain 50 and weave the tie in and out of round 4. You could also use thin ribbon.