Hello again :D
I know, It hasn't been a week yet since my last pattern. I had a change of plans :) Instead of aiming for one a week/52 in total, Im just going to aim for 52 for the year. If I make it before the end of the year thats great, Ill just add more :)
I know people are always on the lookout for new patterns to use in their charity work, so I thought I best release them when they are ready.
These booties will fit a baby of 20-22 weeks gestation, and feature an open heel for ease of dressing such a small one. Ive received word back from both hospitals and funeral homes saying they really like the open heeled ones the best, so Ill stick with that for the wee ones :) I have named these the Cerys booties, pronounced (s-EH-riyz) and is a Welsh name which is derived from Carys and means "love".
These booties are done in 6 rows, and use very little yarn. Excellent stash busting pattern!
4/5ply yarn (fingering/baby/sports weight) in main colour and white for the trim.
In main colour
1. Ch11, hdc in the second chain from hook, hdc in the next 8 chains, 3hdc in the end chain, Do not turn, working on the opposite side (back side of the chains), hdc in the next 8 chains, slst to the first stitch.
2. TURN your work, ch2, hdc in each stitch around
3. Turn, ch2, hdc in each stitch around
4. Turn, ch2, hdc in the next 4 stitches, dc2tg 6 times, hdc in the last 4 stitches. End off main colour and weave in ends.
Join white with a slst to either corner
5. ch1, sc in each stitch around, turn
6. ch2, dc in the same stitch, *dc in the next stitch, 2dc in the next stitch* Repeat around until you reach the end. Finish off and weave in ends.
FOR THE TIES
chain 55. Weave the tie in and out of the stitches from row 5.
NOTE: If you want to use dk weight 8ply) yarn, you will need a 3.5mm hook, as a 3mm makes too stiff a bootie. The bootie will also be more 22-24week gestation in size.
NOTE: For a frillier top (nice for pink booties) make 2dc in each stitch around, rather then alternating 1dc, 2dc.
Pattern 3/52 for 2013
Images copyright Myshelle Cole, please do not use without permission.