Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Barbie Month .22 - 5 row hat, 5 ways
Welcome to the last pattern in Barbie month. I hope everyone has had fun following along, and made some super fun and cute items for Barbie and Ken.
Rest assured, this will not be the last Barbie related pattern from me. Oh I have a whole whiteboard full of ideas, so you can expect to see some more about the place in the future. I have had a lot of fun getting these designed, photographed and blogged for you, its been a fun month indeed!
You will need:
dk weight yarn in main and contrasting colours
1. ch3, dc 8 times in the first ch, join
2. ch2, dc in the same stitch, 2dc in each stitch around, including the joining stitch form 1st round, join (18)
3. ch2, dc in each stitch around, join.
4. ch2, hdc in each stitch around, join
5. ch3, dc twice in each stitch around, front loop only.
Basic hat complete.
Single stripe hat
Complete as normal but do round 4 in a contrasting colour.
Complete main hat as normal and use a contrasting colour for the brim.
In a contrasting colour, ch2, hdc 5 times in the 1st stitch, join. In each st around *ch1, hdc, sl st*, sl st to the next and repeat. Sew onto hat.
Using main colour (A) and contrasting (B)
Rounds 1, 3 and 5 in colour A and 2 and 4 in B