Tuesday, September 1, 2015
The Harrison Beanie + The 2015 Itty Bitty Hat Drive
Good morning all and a massive huge welcome!
Today marks the start of the 3rd annual Itty Bitty GIANT Hat Drive . This is such a huge deal for me. It was my little project started in 2013 in the memory of my own Frankie. It has grown in leaps and bounds and last year saw the donation of 1100 hats to Chance's Clothes Project.
This year we're hoping to make it bigger and better then ever! We have a whole bunch of new to share with you. Like the new website! We have a new form you can send off with your parcel, and a new interactive map that will show the location of each donation that comes in for the drive (providing the form is included, so we can lodge you). I also have 30, yes that's right THIRTY brand spankin' new preemie and angel hat patterns. One for each day of September. Each one of these hats has had its name suggested via my Facebook Page, most in memory of loved ones and precious babies. Thankyou to all that suggested names.
We're also encouraging everyone to share photos of their donation hats on social media and hashtag them #ittybittygianthatdrive and sharing the project/patterns/webpage in general. So what are we waiting for? Get making, and here is the first of 30 patterns for September!
The Harrison Beanie
Sized To Fit:
28-30 Weeks Gestation
10.5cm in height
13cm across the brim
You Will Need:
4ply/fingering/weight 1 yarn.
I used King Cole Bamboo Cotton, Wendy Petter Pan and Bella Baby Bambini
Key - A = Green
B = Blue
C = White
1. dc 12 times into a magic ring, join. (12)
2. ch2, dc in the same stitch, 2dc in each stitch around, join. (24)
3. ch2, *2dc in the next stitch, dc in the next stitch*, repeat around, join. (36)
4. ch2, *2dc in the next stitch, dc in the next 2 stitches*, repeat around, join. (48)
5. ch1, sc in the same stitch, *ch3, skip 2 stitches, sc in the next stitch*, repeat around, join.
6. sl st into the ch3 space, (ch2, 2dc) into the ch3 space, *3dc in each ch3 space*, repeat around, join.
7. ch1, sc in the same stitch, *ch3, skip 2 stitches, sc in the next stitch*, repeat around, join.
8. sl st into the ch3 space, (ch2, 2dc) into the ch3 space, *3dc in each ch3 space*, repeat around, join.
9-12. Repeat rounds 5-8
13-14. ch1, sc in each stitch around, join.
End off and weave in all tails.