Hello hello all and hello too to the 28th day of our 30 days of preemie patterns!
Today's beanie is a basic but sweet little beanie. It has delicate tiny earflaps and a super sweet contrasting pompom. The pompom would be great for using up small pieces of speciality yarn to give it that extra pop.
For those who don't know how to make pompoms, its very simple. I use the fork method for small ones, and there is a great picture tutorial for that right here.
The Keegan Beanie
Sized To Fit:
14-16 Weeks Gestation
7.5cm in height from crown to earflap (not including pompom)
5.5cm in height from crown to brim
8cm in width across the brim
You Will Need:
5ply/Sports Weight Yarn in a main and contrasting colour. I used 4 Seasons Marvel in 5ply.
With main colour
1. dc 12 times in a magic ring, join. (12)
2. ch2, hdc in the same stitch, 2hdc in each stitch around, join. (24)
3-6. ch2, hdc in each stitch around, join.
7. ch1, sl st in the next 6 stitches, hdc in the next 3 stitches, ch1, turn, hdc in the next 3 stitches, ch1, turn, hdc3tg. End off.
8. count off 10 stitches to the left of the completed earflap and attach yarn. ch2, hdc in the next 2 stitches, turn, ch1, hdc in the next 3 stitches, ch1, turn, hdc3tg, do not end off.
9. ch1, sc evenly down the side of the earflap, sc in each stitch around, and evenly around the second earflap, back to the ch1 and join. End off and weave in tails.
Make a small pompom with contrasting colour and attach to the top of the beanie.