Saturday, October 18, 2014
Molly Bonnet - Free Crochet Pattern
Good morning everyone.
Today's pattern is a super easy beginner one for a sweet little bonnet. It only uses dc's, hdc's and chains and is very fast to make. This bonnet will fit a bub of around 22 weeks and looks great in all sorts of colours.
You will need:
8ply/dk/light worsted/ weight 3 yarn in a main and contrasting colour.
Starting with main colour
1. ch3, dc 10 times into the 1st ch, join.
2. ch3, 2dc in each stitch around, join
3. ch3, *2dc in the first stitch, dc in the next sticth*, repeat around, do not join.
4. ch3, turn, dc in each stitch across.
5-7. ch3, turn, dc across.
8. ch2, do not turn, evenly work hdc stitches along the neckline of the bonnet (edges of the dc rows) until you get to the corner. End off main colour.
9. With contrasting colour, chain 25, join to the corner of the bonnet, ch2, hdc in each stitch across until the second last stitch, ch2, sl st into the last stitch, ch25 and end off.
Weave in all tails and ends and if you like attach decorations.