New booties today. Actually, this pattern was kind of a happy mistake. I was aiming for a bonnet (trying to be a smarty and start with a closed back) but it turned into booties! It's name, comes from a random fantasy name generator, because I really REALLY struggle thinking of names. Ahh generators, so much fun.
You will need:
dk weight (8ply) yarn
needle for weaving in ends
Atraya Booties Make 2
1. ch11, hdc in the 2nd chain from hook and next 8 chains, 3hdc in the last st, DO NOT TURN working on the opposite side of the chain, hdc in each st to the end (8hdc), do not join, ch2, turn.
2. hdc in each st around, ch2, turn
3. repeat above row
4. ch3, turn, dc in the next 6 stitches, (gathered toe, yo, insert hook, yo, pull through (3 on hook)yo, pull through 2 (2 on hook) yo, insert, yo, pull through (4 on hook)yo, pull through 2, (3 on hook) yo, insert, yo, pull through, yo, pull through 2, (4 hook)yo, insert, yo, pull through (6 hook), yo pull through 2, (5 hook), yo, insert, yo, pull through, yo, pull through 2, yo, insert, yo, pull through (8 hook) yo, pull through 2, (7 hook) yo, insert, yo, pull through, yo, pull through 2 (8 hook) yo, pull through all stitches), ch1, dc last 6
5. ch1, turn, sc 4, ch3, skip (2 stitches, the chain from the gather, and the next 2 stitches) sc in the last 4
6. the next row will be worked around the HEEL of the bootie. ch1, sc 12 times evenly across the heel, ch1, turn
7. sc 4, sc2tg twice, sc 4
End off and weave in ends.
add ties of ribbon or chained lengths of yarn. I sl st to the corner and ch18 on each side to have ties connected to the bootie