Monday, June 27, 2016

Shylo Jacket - Free Prem Crochet Pattern




Hello lovlies!

Wow, I know, I know, its been MONTHS!

I've been so flat out. The kids have kept me super busy, and I've started teaching at the local community house. Not to mention my new journey into Norwex, a bunch of fundraisers and some awesome community events I've been involved in! Crazy insane is putting it lightly.

I am however, super excited to bring you a new pattern. So glad to have the time to actually work on this. I have so so many ideas, so being able to grab one and turn it from idea into item has been a nice change.



This little jacket is a dream to work up. It uses the V Puff stitch, and if you haven't tried this one yet, it's a lot of fun. Instructions on making a puff are below. It will fit a bub of 28-30 weeks and takes no time at all to make. I've done mine in pink, but I think it would really work in any colour and for either gender.

Also, big apologises for the photos. I've been reduced to the phone on my camera, my card reader on the PC has decided to stop working and I'm waiting to get a replacement.


Shylo Jacket

Size: 28-30 Weeks gestation
Hook: 3.5mm
Yarn: Bella Baby Layette (Discontinued) DK/8 ply in a main and contrasting colour
Extra Supplies: 2 buttons, 2 stitch markers

Puff [yo, insert hook into st, draw up loop with some slack in the stitch] 3 times in the same stitch, making sure all sts are the same size; yo and draw through all 7 loops on hook.

1. ch45, hdc in the 2nd chain from hook and the next 2 chains, *2hdc in the next stitch, hdc in the next 3 stitches*, repeat across. (55)

2. ch2, turn, *hdc in the next 4 stitches, 2hdc in the next stitch*, repeat across. (66)

3. ch2, turn, *hdc in the next 5 stitches, 2hdc in the next stitch*, repeat across. (77)

4-5. ch2, turn, hdc in each stitch across. (77)

6. ch2, turn, hdc in the first 10 stitches, ch2, skip 16 stitches, hdc in the next 25 stitches, ch2, skip 16 stitches, hdc in the last 10 stitches. (45 stitches, 4 chains)

7. ch2, turn, hdc in each stitch and chain across. (49)

8-10, ch2, turn, hdc in each stitch across. (49)

11. ch2, turn, hdc in the first 3 stitches, *skip 2 stitches, (puff, ch2, puff)in the next stitch, ch1*, repeat 14 more times, skip 1 stitch, hdc in the last 3 stitches.

12. ch1, turn, sc in the first 3 stitches, *sc in the ch1 space, 2sc in the ch2 space*, repeat across, sc in the last 3 stitches. (49)

13-16. Repeat rows 11-12

17. ch1, turn, sc across. End off yarn and weave in tails.

Sleeves.
1. Join main colour to any unworked stitch on the sleeve hole (preferably near the pitt area) and ch2, hdc 20 times evenly around the arm hole, join.

2-3. ch2, hdc in each stitch around, join.

4-5. ch1, sc in each stitch around, join. End off yarn.

Repeat 1-5 for second sleeve.

Place your stitch markers in the positions you want your buttons to be in.

READ ALL OF THIS SECTION BEFORE STARTING IT:
Join main colour to the bottom left corner of the jacket, ch1, sc evenly up the front opening of the jacket, around the neck hole and back down the right hand side of the jacket to the corner.

NOTE::: When you reach the point where your next stitch is opposite a stitch marker, you need to make button holes. To do this SC into the stitch, chain 3 (or more, or less, depending on your button size) and sc back into the same stitch to create a loop, then continue on as above. You will make 2 loops in total. My original buttons needed a ch3, but the ones I finally went with (flowers pictured) needed a ch6. Just play with it to see how many you will need.

End off main colour and weave in ends.

With contrasting yarn: sc around each sleeve and the bottom of the jacket.

Attach buttons. Weave in all ends.

FINISHED MEASUREMENTS
Bottom 15cm across
Sleeves 6.5cm wide
Shoulder to bottom 16.5cm long
Armpit to bottom 10cm long

6 comments:

  1. You don't mention the chest measurement. Could you please provide this?

    Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,
      The jacket has no flair, so the chest would also be approx. 15cm across, like the bottom :)

      Delete
  2. I must be doing something wrong! When I work the 1st hdc in the 2nd ch from the hook, I end up w/a stitch left over. When I work the 1st hdc in the 3rd ch from the hook, it works out, but them the total line count is off. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey this cute preety jacket is really helpful for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi please could you tell me would this work up ok with any DK or 8 ply yarn ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Ive used other dk wieght yarns with no problems. The only thing Ive noticed is some acrylics that have more fluff to them don't have as defined puff stitches.

      Delete