Sunday, February 4, 2018

Outer Space Felt Set



Good morning all!

Master J loves rocket ships! He loves counting down with me and yelling BLASTOFF! So an outer space set was absolutely needed. I had a blast creating this one, and he has oodles of fun playing with it. That's a win win in my books!

This set is super easy to make, and even easier to customise! Want a patterned rocket ship? Go for it! Want other coloured planets? Sure! You can put whatever patterns you like on them, to create all sorts of planets or moons!




You will need:
Felt
Scissors
The templates for the outer space set
Puff paint (or regular paint and a brush)
Glue (I use 450 quick dry clear glue)

Step 1: Cut out the paper templates

Step 2: Use the templates to cut out your felt shapes. You can trace around them with a pen, or pin them to the felt and cut around them that way. I prefer to trace, then cut. I find it easier to manoeuvre the scissors in the smaller spaces without the paper in the way.





Step 3: Glue! Glue the find to the rocket ship, the centre of the sun to the outer piece, the rings to Saturn, and the cab of the ufo spaceship to the body. Wait for them to dry before moving on.


Step 4: Decorate! I use puff paint (from Kmart) to edge my felt shapes. I find it makes them POP and gives them more details. You don't need to do this of course, but I like the effect it has. It's also how I added the land masses to the planet, and lights to the spaceships.

Wait for it all to dry and then turn it over to your toddler! Happy days!








1 comment: