http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ribbons-n-bows Here is the link to the Rav page if you would like to add a project. Please do, I enjoy seeing your created pieces!
Ribbons n Bows Hat
DK weight yarn (I cannot tell you what I used, it was kindly donated)
Some thin organza or satin ribbon.
Either make a magic loop or ch2.
1. Do 8 sc into the 1st ch or the magic circle. Sl st to join.
2. ch2, hdc in the same spot as the ch2, do 2 hdc in each st around. sl st to join.
3. ch2, *hdc in the next st, 2 hdc in the next st* Repeat around, sl st to join.
4. ch2, *hdc in the next 2 st, 2 hdc in the next st* Repeat around, sl st to join.
5. ch2, hdc in each st around, sl st to join
6-7. Repeat 5.
8. ch4 (counts as first dc and ch1) *skip the next st, dc into the next, ch1* Repeat around, sl st to join.
9. ch2, hdc in each st and ch1 gap around. sl st to join. Finish off and weave in ends.
Take a piece of ribbon and thread it in and out of the gaps made by the dc row. Tie into a bow loosely. (It helps here to place something inside the hat when tying the bow so you do not pull the hat in)
My hat measures when flat 3.5 inches or 9cm wide, and 2.5 inches or 6.5cm tall. This would fit around the 26 weeks gestation mark, maybe a little smaller, however do not worry if yours is larger or smaller. These organisations need all sizes of hats.
This is a NOT FOR PROFIT pattern. Charity/Personal use ONLY.
Credit where credit is due. A link if you make one and post the image helps people find these patterns.
To see more of my patterns check out http://www.ravelry.com/designers/myshelle-cole