You will need:
DK weight yarn in 2 colours, main, and a small amount of a contrasting colour
4mm hook for 34-36 weeks gestation
3mm hook for 30-32 weeks gestation
darning needle for ends
1. ch3, dc 10 times in the 1st chain
2. ch3, dc in the same stitch, 2dc in each st around
3. ch3, *dc in the next stitch, 2dc in the next stitch* repeat around
4. ch3, *dc, dc, 2dc in the next stitch* repeat around
5-7. ch3, dc in each st around
8. ch2, hdc around
join contrasting colour
9. ch2, *sk1, 5dc in the next, sk1, hdc in the next* Repeat around, the last repeat will be a stitch short, thats ok just join to the initial chain. end off colour
10. Join main colour in the middle stitch of a 5dc cluster. ch2, dc in the same stitch twice more, sk2, *hdc (in the hdc from the last row), sk2, 5dc in the next (center stitch of the next cluster), sk2* Repeat around, do 2 more dc in the same st you started with to complete the first cluster, join to the ch3, finish off.
End off and weave in all ends. Thats it! Its a very simple hat but with the right colours has a pretty neat effect.