Monday, September 10, 2012

Kiri Beanie - Free Crochet Pattern

Hello beautiful people. I have a new pattern for you all today. Actually I have a few, but I think Ill stagger them out a little so I don't overload anyone! Today I want to share the Kiri Beanie! It comes in 2 sizes, 30-32 weeks gestation  and 34-36 weeks gestation. Larger hats were recently requested by Chances Clothes Project and of course I am happy to help out. You all know I can't pass up an excuse to add in another pattern! Ok so onto the pattern!

You will need:
DK weight yarn in 2 colours, main, and a small amount of a contrasting colour
4mm hook for 34-36 weeks gestation
3mm hook for 30-32 weeks gestation
darning needle for ends

1. ch3, dc 10 times in the 1st chain
2. ch3, dc in the same stitch, 2dc in each st around
3. ch3, *dc in the next stitch, 2dc in the next stitch* repeat around
4. ch3, *dc, dc, 2dc in the next stitch* repeat around
5-7. ch3, dc in each st around
8. ch2, hdc around
join contrasting colour

9. ch2, *sk1, 5dc in the next, sk1, hdc in the next* Repeat around, the last repeat will be a stitch short, thats ok just join to the initial chain. end off colour

10. Join main colour in the middle stitch of a 5dc cluster. ch2, dc in the same stitch twice more, sk2, *hdc (in the hdc from the last row), sk2, 5dc in the next (center stitch of the next cluster), sk2* Repeat around, do 2 more dc in the same st you started with to complete the first cluster, join to the ch3, finish off.

End off and weave in all ends. Thats it! Its a very simple hat but with the right colours has a pretty neat effect. 


5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 1 post on Sep. 10, 2012. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not find the pattern for a larger size Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 34-36 weeks gestation pattern is the same, you just change your hook size from a 3mm to a 4mm.

      Delete
  3. I was wondering you can get this pattern to fit a 2 and 5 year old. I just finished one it is Beautiful!!! I will give it to the next newborn in our family. Thank you very much for the pattern. Love it.....Louise. I send one message but don't know it you received it because I am new on the computer and not up on things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To make it larger you would just need to add some more increase rounds until the crown is the size you need, and then add some extra rounds to the length as well before adding the shell edging.

      Delete