Wow its been a little since my last post! Its almost back to school time here in Tas and with 3 girls all going back in a few days its been busy busy busy! Thankfully I have some time to sit down today and get this pattern up for you all.
Now, if your anything like me, you probably hang onto leftover bits of yarn. The small of-cuts that will never make any one thing, but you just can't throw them out! Waste not, want not right? Maybe Im just odd, but I tend to hang onto anything thats more then 2 meters long.
Ive been looking at all these little odds and ends, and thinking, Gee I really need to start using these! So many colours, various fibres, a bit of everything really. So I sat down and worked on a simple beanie that uses scraps. Then I decided that it needed some UMPH and well, who doesnt have a stash of fun embellishments! Plus, it gave me another excuse to use the glue gun!
Main colour in 8ply (dk weight) yarn
Scraps of 2 contrasting colours
If you choose, embellishments.
1. ch2, dc 8 times in the 1st chain, join
2. ch2, dc in the same stitch, 2dc in each remaining stitch around, join
3. ch2, dc in the same stitch, *dc in the next stitch, 2dc in the next stitch*, Repeat around, join.
4. ch2, dc in each stitch around, join.
5. ch2, dc in each stitch around, join. End off main colour.
6. Join contrasting colour with a sl st, hdc in the same stitch and hdc in each remaining stitch around, join.
7. Join the last colour with a sl st, sc in the same stitch and sc in each stitch around, join.
Weave in all ends. If you like, add embellishments now.
There we go, 7 rows and a microprem hat is done! Try playing with the colours, or even the fibres you use (tho I wouldnt recommend anything overly fluffy) Mine fit around 22 weeks gestation. If you wanted to make them larger, add another row of increases after row 3, but also add an extra row of dc after row 5. Using a 3mm hook with give you an even smaller 19/20 week gestation beanie.
Pattern 5/52 for 2013
Images copyright Myshelle Cole, please do not use without permission.