Hello again lovlies!
Today I have a new prem pattern to share. This one took me a bit of working on but I'm fairly pleased with the results. Its not what I would call a beginner pattern, but it isn't hard either. It's also my first pattern with some colour work that isn't stripes.
This hat will fit a bub born at around 34 weeks gestation (6 weeks early) however because it is made bottom up, it is very easy to adjust the sizes up or down. Just remember to adjust the height as well when you play with the width.
dk weight yarn in main colour and contrasting heart colour.
For this pattern the colours will be marked as White and Red (W, R)
This hat is worked in continual rounds
Note when changing colour: Complete the sc before the colour change as normal, but the last yarn over and pull through, drop the colour of the yarn you are using and complete the stitch using the colour of the yarn you are changing to. To see a video of this click here: http://www.anniescatalog.com/crochet/content.html?content_id=49
1. ch 46, careful not to twist, join and place marker.
2. sc in each stitch around
3. sc 8 in white, 1 in red, 37 in white
4. sc 7 in white, 3 in rdd, 36 in white
5. sc 6 in white, 5 in red, 35 in white
6. sc 5 in white, 7 in red, 34 in white
7. Repeat round 6
8. sc 6 in white, 2 in red, 1 in white, 2 in red, 35 in white
9. sc in each st around
10. sc in each st around
11. *sc9, sc2tg* Repeat 3 more times, sc in the last 2
12-15. sc in each stitch around
16. *sc 4, sc2tg* Repeat around
17-19. sc in each stitch around
Leave a long tail for sewing the top together.
Weave the tail in and out of the stitches on the last round and pull tight to gather. Sew in place.
Make a small pompom and add to the top of the hat.