Saturday, June 8, 2013
Hello again beautiful peeps!
Another pair of booties today. I did say id be on a roll with them this week :) Once again, the name comes from a random name generator. I'm just really bad with naming things.
This little pair would be well suited for a boy, but I am sure it would work for a girl too in more feminine colours. They would also look good with the strap in a contrasting colour, or edged in a sl st in contrasting colour, or even with a contrasting sole. Lots of possibilities! Don't forget to add your finished images to Ravelry
Mine come out at around 6cm, and will suit a baby born at 30-32 weeks gestation.
You will need:
DK weight yarn
2hdc in the 2nd ch from hook, hdc in the next 6 chains, dc in the next ch, dc 3 times in the end stitch, on the opposite side: dc in the first stitch, hdc in the next 6 stitches, hdc in the last (same as 1st) stitch, join
2. ch2, hdc in the same stitch, 2hdc in the next stitch, hdc in the next 6 stitches, dc in the next stitch, 2dc in each of the next 3 stitches, dc in the next stitch, hdc in the next 6 stitches, 2hdc in the nex st, 1hdc in the last st, join
3. ch2, hdc blo around (26 stitches total) join.
4. ch2, hdc in the first 10 stitches, dc2tg 3 times, hdc in the last 10 stitches, join
5. ch1, sc in the first 9 stitches, hdc2tg, hdc, hdc2tg, sc in the last 9 stitches, join. End off.
1. Leaving a long tail for sewing: ch13, dc in the 2nd chain from hook and each ch across
2. ch2, turn, dc in each stitch across
3. ch3, sl st to the bottom of the dc below to make a loop for the button (see images below)
To add strap to bootie, position strap on desired location (mine are centered over the front edge so they partly cover the opening, partly cover the toe) and sew the inside edge to the bootie. On the outside add a button and loop the button hole over it.