Hello again everyone.
Today's pattern was a request from Nikki of Chance's clothes project and I have to say, Im so thrilled with how it came out.
Sometimes when I want to design something it takes a lot of making, ripping, re-doing. These booties, just went together exactly how I wanted them with minimum adjustments. Super pleased when that happens!
So here we have a cute little pair of Mary Jane's with built in socks and a fake strap. Ohh so cute and adorable and perfect for donating to baby loss groups everywhere.
Lovely Ladies from Yarn Stash-Busters have done some testing for me, and for the most part they had to go up a hook size. I guess check your sole before starting the bootie. Mine measures in at 5.5cm at the sole, and will fit a bub born at around 24-26 weeks gestation by the time its done.
You will need
DK weight yarn in main colour for bootie and contrasting for sock
2 small buttons
Joins are to the top of the 1st stitch, not the ch. 1st stitch is always in the same spot as the ch.
2. hdc 2 times in the 2nd chain from hook, hdc in the next 5 chains, dc in the next chain, 3dc in the end chain, working on the opposite side of the chain, 1dc in the first stitch, hdc in the next 5 stitches and hdc in the last stitch (same as first st) join to first st.
3. ch1, sc in the same st, 2sc in the next st, sc in the next 5 stitches, hdc in the next st, 2hdc in each of the next 3 stitches, hdc in the next stitch, sc in the next 5 stitches, 2sc in the next st, sc in the last (join from prev) stitch, join. (24 stitches total)
4. ch1, sc in each stitch around, back loop only, join
5. ch1, sc in the first 8 stitches, dc2tg 4 times, sc in the last 8 stitches, join. End off main colour.
6. Join sock colour to the same place you ended off with a sl st and ch1. sc in the same stitch, back loop only, (all stitches on this row BLO) sc in the next 7 stitches, dc2tg twice, sc last 8 stitches, join.
7. ch2, dc in each stitch around, join
8. ch2, hdc in each stitch around, join
9. Repeat above round.
10. ch2, hdc in each stitch around, front loops only
11. ch3, dc in the same stitch, *skip one stitch, sl st, skip one stitch, 3dc in the next stitch* 3 times, skip the last 2 stitches and dc in the same space as starting chain, join. end off yarn.
In main colour chain 16, in the 2nd chain from hook and each remaining chain, sl st. Sew the strap onto the bootie and attach a button to the outer side.