Wednesday, April 25, 2018

April Preemie Blanket - CAL Day 25


Morning all! Day 25! WOO!

April 25th is actually a pretty awesome day, it's World Stationery Day! I've been on a bit of a mission this year to make, create and send MORE snail mail (happy mail) and I am always on the lookout for fun stationery items, especially themed stuff! I love sending cards in the main and including stickers and paperclips for the recipient. Have you seen any cute stationery lately?

You will need:

4.5mm hook
DK/8ply/light worsted weight yarn in minimum of 6 colours.

Yarn Note: I did not start with complete balls. All 6 of my balls were originally 100g balls with a little of each used. They are a mix of Stylecraft Special DK, King Cole Pricewise and Moda Vera Marvel 8ply for my 6 colours. You could choose 6 colours and follow my colour changes, or you could make every line a different colour (excellent way to use scraps) or you could even use some self striping yarn, or a solid colour.

Colour Changes: I change my colours by completing the last yarn over and pull through of the last stitch in the row with the new colour for the next row, so I don't have to join with slip stitches. Of course, this means you'll have to redo that one last stitch each day as you won't know what colour is next, but the finished piece will be much neater this way.

My Colours are

A - Beige
B - Blue
C - Dark Blue
D - Tan
E - Mint/Turquoise

F - Dark Grey

Day 25

With C
37:  Ch4, turn, into the ch2 space (dc, ch1, dc), *ch2, into the next ch2 space (dc, ch1, dc)*,repeat across until you reach the last ch2 space, (dc, ch1, dc) into the last ch2 space, ch1, dc in the last stitch (ch3 from previous row)



With C
38: Ch2, turn, 2hdc in the same stitch, *3hdc in the next ch1 space, hdc in the next ch2 space* repeat across until you reach the ch4 from the previous round, sc around the 4th chain from the previous round, 2sc in the 3rd chain from the previous row. - 60


No comments:

Post a Comment