3.5mm hook for the hat and a 2.5mm for the flower
needle for sewing in ends and attaching flower.
As always, worked in AMERICAN terms
All joins are sl st to the top of chain3
hdc = half double crochet
dc = double crochet
tc = triple crochet ( youtube video HERE )
Dainty Earflap Hat
1. ch3, 8dc in the 1st chain, sl st to join.
2. ch3 (counts as first dc here and throughout), dc in the same space, 2dc in each stitch around, join (16)
3. ch3, dc in the same stitch, *1 dc, 2 dc in the next stitch* Repeat from * to * around, join. (24)
4. ch3, dc in each stitch around, join.
5. Repeat round 4.
6. slip stitch in the next 4 stitches, ch1, in the next stitch (hdc, dc, 2tc) This creates the first side of the earflap, in the next stitch (2tc, dc, hdc) slip stitch in the next 12 stitches, ch1, in the next stitch (hdc, dc, 2tc) in the next stitch (2tc, dc, hdc) slip stitch in the last 4 stitches and slip stitch to join. Finish off and weave in ends.
Adding an edge colour.
Join your yarn at the centre back and ch1, then sc in every stitch around, including the earflap stitches, join and finish off.
cut 3 pieces of yarn approx. 30cm in length (12inches) fold in half and feed the loop end through the earflap (between the middle triple stitches) pull the long end of the yarn through the loop and pull to secure. Braid the tie and knot the end. Repeat for the other side.
Flower (2.5mm hook)
ch3, 9dc into the first chain and sl st to join.
ch5, sc in the same stitch, (ch5, sc) in each stitch around, sl st to join. You should have 9 petals. Finish off leaving a long tail to sew to side of hat.
Hope you enjoy this pattern and don't forget to check out the crafting and caring raffle (Image on the top left side of the blog) and let me know if you have any issues <3