Its very basic, and follows mostly the carrot dress, but with some changes and lets face it, kids dont care if its similar, they care that Barbie has a new dress!
In American terms.
You will need
DK weight yarn in 2 colours. I used Purple and Yellow
1 rubber band that fits your doll.
scInc - 2sc in the same stitch
The entire dress is worked in continual rounds, place a stitch marker at the start of each round to keep your place.
1. Join your yarn around the rubber band with a slst. 24 sc around the rubber band.
2. sc in each stitch around (24)
3. Repeat 2. (24)
4. *3 sc, sc2tg* Repeat 3 more times, 4sc in the last. (20)
5. *3 sc, sc2tg* Repeat till end. (16)
6. sc in each st around (16)
7 - 8 Repeat 6
9. *3 sc, 2sc in the next* Repeat around, sc in the last 2.
10. Repeat 9, sc in the last.
11. sc in each st around
12. * sc 2, scInc in the next st* Repeat around
13 - 15 sc in each st around. Finish off purple.
14. Join yellow. (ch2, 3dc, ch2, sl) all in the same stitch, sc in the next 2 stitches, *(sl, ch2, 3dc, ch2, sl) in the next, sc in the next 2 stitches* Repeat from * to * around to create petals. Finish off and weave in all ends.