This hat is made from Bella Baby Sugar in Lilac which is a 4ply baby yarn, Thats fingering weight for you non Aussies. Its so easy and quick that you could make one in 10-15 minutes!
Purple Picot Hat
20-22 weeks gestation
3.00mm hook and 4ply (fingering/baby) yarn
1. ch3, 10dc in 1st chain, join.
2. ch3, 2dc in each stitch around, join.
3. ch3, dc in the same stitch as chain, *dc in the next stitch, 2dc in the next stitch* Repeat around, Join.
4 - 6. ch3, dc in each stitch around, join.
7. ch3(counts as 1st hdc and ch1), *skip 1 stitch, hdc, ch1* Repeat around, join.
8. slst into the ch1 gap, in the gap (ch3, sc into the 1st ch, slst into the same gap), sl st into the next gap and repeat around, sl st to join.
If you make this same hat with a 3.00mm hook and DK weight yarn you will get a hat that will fit roughly 22-24 weeks gestation.
If you make it with a larger hook (for larger babies) you will want to add an increase row, and an extra length row.