Monday, August 20, 2012
Little Blue Bear - Newborn - Free crochet Pattern
Good evening beautiful people, Hope everyone had a fab day!
Today, I've got my very first newborn sized free hat pattern! Ok so I know there are a lot of bears out there, but this one here is mine :D I originally planned to make it preemie sized, was aiming for 34/36 weeks but I got a little over excited somewhere and it turned out bigger then I was planning. Thats ok, its a happy accident and hopefully the first of many hats and who knows what else! I've got a double strand DK owl hat in the works as well. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please feel free to drop them here.
Little Blue Bear - Newborn
4mm hook, dk weight yarn, plus a small amount of white for inner ears
1. ch2, 10hdc in the first chain, sl st to join
2. ch2, hdc in the same st, 2hdc in each st around (including the joining st at the end), join.
3. ch2, *2hdc in the next st, hdc in the next st* Repeat around, join
4. ch2, *2hdc in the next st, hdc in the next 2 stitches* Repeat around, join
5. ch2, *2hdc in the next st, hdc in the next 3 stitches* Repeat around, join
6. ch2, hdc in each st around, join.
7 - 15 Repeat round 6.
EARS make 2
ch2, hdc 8 times in the first ch, join and end off
With blue, join yarn with a sl st
ch3, dc in the same st, 2dc in the next 6 st, ch3 and slst into the same st of the last dc. You should have a half circle for an ear. Finish off leaving a long tail for sewing to hat.