Hello all, wow day 7 already. One whole week! Time sure flies huh! How are you guys going with your hats? Me? I've just woven in the tails to number 23. I have quite a variety going on there which is nice. If you wanted to see the hats I make but don't do patterns for, follow me on Instagram as a lot of my on the spur of the moment hats end up there. So, today's beanie is cute, quick and simple. It isn't anything fancy, but I do love the stitch and how something simple can be so darn adorable.
The Heather Beanie
Sized to fit:
20-22 weeks gestation
You will need:
DK weight/8ply yarn
All stitches are in American terms.
Instructions between * * are to be repeated.
1. Into a magic ring, ch3, dc 8 times, join to first dc. -8dc
2. Ch3, 2dc in each stitch around, join to first dc. - 16dc (5cm/1.9" across)
3. Ch3, 2dc in each stitch around, join to first dc. - 32dc (8.5cm/3.3")
4. Ch1, sc in the same stitch, ch3, *skip 3 stitches, sc into the next stitch, ch3*, repeat around, join to sc with a slst. - 8sc, 24chs
5. Ch3, dc in the same stitch, *sc in the next ch3 space, 3dc in the next sc*, repeat around, dc in the same space as the starting chain, join to the top of the starting chain. -32
6. Ch1, sc in the same stitch, *ch3, skip 3 stitches, sc in the next stitch*, repeat around, ending with a ch3, join to sc. - 8sc, 24chs
7. Repeat round 5.
End off, weave in tails.
Finished Measurements: 8cm/3.1” total height, 10cm/3.9” total width across brim.