As promised yesterday, here is Ken's jacket. Its pretty simple to work up, and looks fantastic on!
dk weight (8ply) yarn
small amount of flower colour in 3 or 4ply
With Dk weight yarn and 3.75mm hook.
1. ch13, hdc in the 2nd chain from hook and each chain across (12)
2. ch2, turn, hdc across
3. repeat row 2
4. ch2, turn, hdc in the first 5 stitches, hdc2tg, hdc in the last 5 stitches
5. ch2, turn, hdc in each stitch across
6. ch2, turn, hdc in the first 3 stitches , hdc2tg, hdc, hdc2tg, hdc in the last 3 stitches
7-10. ch2, turn, hdc in each stitch across
Finish off, weave in end.
Front side of jacket
1. With the top of the jacket facing up, join to the top right with a sl, hdc in the same stitch, hdc next 2 stitches
2. ch2, turn, hdc in all 3 stitches
4-5. ch2, turn, hdc across
6. ch2, turn, 2hdc in the first stitch, hdc in the last 2 stitches
7. ch2, turn, 2hdc in the first stitch, hdc in the next 2 stitches, 2hdc in the last stitch
8. ch2, turn, hdc in the first 5 stitches, 2hdc in the last stitch
9-13. ch2, turn, hdc in each stitch across
Finish off and weave in end.
To make the second side:
Turn piece so the remaining corner is now the top right and repeat 1-13 of front side of jacket.
Fold the front panels over and sew up both side seams, from the bottom row up to row 7, leaving the rest unworked for the armholes
Repeat for the other side.
1. join the yarn with a sl st to any stitch in the armhole and evenly sc around it 12 times.
2-7. ch2, sc around, join.
1. (with front of jacket facing you) From the bottom right corner of the jacket count up 7 rows, join your yarn on the inside edge of the jacket and sc 18 stitches up and around the neck and down the side evenly.
2. ch1, turn, sc around front loops only
3. ch1, turn, sc 2, hdc 2, 2hdc in each of the next 2 stitches, dc, 2dc in each of the next next 4 stitches, dc, 2hdc in each of the next 2 stitches, hdc 2, sc 2, sc evenly down to the bottom corner of the jacket, 2sc in the corner, sc across to next corner, 2sc in the corner, then sc up to where you started the collar and sl st to it
Contrasting colour and 2.5mm hook
ch2, sc 4 times into the 1st chain, join.
Sew onto breast of jacket.
Sew small button onto the bottom of jacket.