Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Barbie Month .9 - Dinner Dress
Welcome to day 9!
Today I have a nice little dinner dress for Barbie. Its one of the few designs Ive done so far with sleeves. I tend to avoid sleeves on dresses, mainly because my special needs girl Miss C struggles to get them onto the dolls and it often ends in disaster and tears. Still, I wanted to include a few from Miss L's drawings so here is the first.
The yarn used for this pattern is classed as a 4ply, but it is a very light 4ply, bordering on 3ply (which is what I think it should be classed at), so after the first few rounds check for fit.
Light 4ply or 3ply yarn (fingering, light fingering) yarn in chosen colour.
1. chain 35, join.
2. ch2, hdc in each stitch around, join.
3. Repeat round 2.
4. ch2, *hdc in the next 3 stitches, hdc2tg* Repeat around, join.
5. ch2, *hdc in the next 2 stitches, hdc2tg*, Repeat around, join.
6. Repeat round 5.
7-9. ch2, hdc in each stitch around, join.
10. ch2, *hdc in the next 2 stitches, 2hdc in the next stitch* Repeat around, join.
11-12. ch2, hdc in each stitch around, join
13. ch2, *hdc in the next 3 stitches, 2hdc in the next stitch*, repeat around, join.
14-21. ch2, hdc in each stitch around, join.
22. ch2, hdc twice in the same stitch, 3hdc in each stitch around, join. End off.
Adding the sleeves.
join yarn with a sl st to centre back.
1. sc in the next 6 stitches, ch9, skip 8, sc in the next 7 stitches, ch9, skip 8, sc in the last 6 stitches, join.
2. sl st in the first 6 sc, hdc 18 times in the first ch9 gap, sl st the next 7, hdc another 18 times in the next ch9 gap, sl st in the last 6, join. End off yarn, weave in ends.