Saturday, April 27, 2013
Barbie Month .19 - A beanie for Ken
Hi howdy hi!
Today I have a simple little pattern for you. A neat little ear flap beanie for ken, complete with ties! Now my Ken has fairly short hair, so if you want to make this beanie for a Ken with more hair, or a Barbie with a LOT of hair, then you may have to do a few extra rounds before you add the ear flaps and final round. test it on the doll to see how it's looking.
You will need:
3ply (light fingering) yarn.
1. ch2, sc 7 times in the first st, join
2. ch2, hdc in the same stitch, 2hdc in each remaining stitch, join
3. ch2, hdc in the same stitch, *hdc, 2hdc in the next stitch* repeat around, join
4. ch2, hdc in the same stitch, *hdc in the next 2 stitches, 2hdc in the next stitch* Repeat around, join
5. ch2, hdc in each stitch around, join
6. sl st in the first 5 stitches, in the same stitch as the last sl st do a dc, dc in the next 3 stitches
7. ch2, turn, dc2tg twice
8. ch1, turn, sc2tg, finish off, weave in ends.
9. From the centre back count to the right 8 stitches, join yarn to the 8th stitch, ch1, dc in the same stitch as joining, dc in the next 3 stitches
10. ch2, turn, dc2tg twice
11. ch1, turn, sc2tg
Finish odd and weave in ends.
Join contrasting colour to centre back and hdc around the entire hat
Ties: Refer to THIS tutorial if you need help adding ties.
I used one length of each colour to keep it thin.