Good morning all!
How are you going with the hat drive? What is your tally so far?
Today's beanie is a lovely fun number thats great for pops of colour. It was also my first time using both Stylecraft baby and King Cole Cottonsoft. Wow, talk about amazing. These yarns are so so soft. Im very impressed!
The Linda Beanie
Sized To Fit:
38-40 weeks gestation (Will fit a small 4-5lb newborn)
14cm across brim
You will need:
DK/Light Worsted/8ply/weight 3 yarn
I used King Cole Cotton Soft in Aqua Stylecraft Baby for Purple and White.
Join to the top of the starting chains. Chains count as stitches. Unless instructed, do not crochet into the same stitch as your chain.
Key - A = White
B = Purple
C = Aqua
1. dc 12 times into a magic ring, join. (12)
2. ch2, dc in the same stitch, 2dc in each stitch around, join. (24)
3. ch2, dc in the same stitch, *dc in the next stitch, 2dc in the next stitch*, repeat around, join. (36)
4. ch2, dc in the same stitch, *dc in the next 2 stitches, 2dc in the next stitch*, repeat around, join. (48)
5. ch2, dc in the next stitch, *ch2, skip the next 2 stitches, dc in the next 2 stitches*, repeat around, ending with a ch2, join.
6. ch1, sc in the next stitch, *dc into the next 2 stitches from the previous round (the ones you skipped), sc in the next 2 stitches*, repeat around, ending with 2dc's, join.
7. ch1, sc in each stitch around, join.
8-9. ch1, sc in each stitch around, join.
10-14. Repeat rounds 5-9
15-19. Repeat rounds 5-9
20-22. Repeat round 9
End off and weave in all tails.