Tuesday, September 15, 2015
The Rose Bonnet
Morning peeps! Today is day 15, and that means we've officially hit the half way mark. Exciting stuff indeed. Don't forget if you are uploading photos anywhere online to tag them #ittybittygianthatdrive I love checking out the hashtags and seeing them all on different platforms.
Today's bonnet is a stunning and dainty little bonnet, for a bub all of 14 weeks gestation. I love this pattern, and hope to have a few pieces to match down the track. I was going to put a small organza flower on it, but then I realised I'd already packed them all, whoops!
The Rose Bonnet
Sized To Fit:
14 weeks gestation
Crown 4cm across at the completion of round 3.
5.5cm wide (crown to brim)
You Will Need:
4ply/fingering weight yarn.
I am using Bella Baby Marvel Soft Baby
1. Into a magic ring hdc 9 times, join. (9)
2. ch2, hdc in the same stitch, 2hdc in each stitch around, join. (18)
3. ch2, *2hdc in the next stitch, hdc in the next stitch*, repeat around, do not join (27)
4. ch1, turn, in the first stitch (slst, ch3, 2dc), shell made *skip 2 stitches, (slst, ch3, 2dc) in the next stitch, repeat around, sc in the last stitch. (9 shells)
5. ch1, turn, (slst, ch3, 2dc) in the sc, *in the ch3 space of the next shell (slst, ch3, 2dc), repeat across, when you reach the last shell, sc in the ch3 space.
6-9. repeat row 5
10. do not turn, ch1, sc evenly along the base of the bonnet (neck area) when you reach the corner chain 28. End off. Join yarn to opposite corner and chain 28 for the second tie.